All bikes are hired subject to availability.
- All hires are for a minimum period of 24 hours.
- A reservation deposit of £100 per bike is taken at time of booking, this is deducted from the total hire cost but is not refundable prior to rental. Please ensure you have picked the correct dates and choice of bike.
- At the time of collection of your bike, we will take a deposit of between £400.00 to £1500.00, depending on the bike hired and your personal status.
- Payment of deposit can only be made by debit or credit card. This is taken on a pre authorisation basis, this is where the funds for the deposit are reserved by your bank in case of any damage, theft or charges incurred whilst the bike is in your possession, on signing the hire agreement form you are authorising Highland Motorcycle Hire to debit your card for any additional charges, these include: extended rental periods, damage, late charges, fuel refills, over mileage, punctures or unpaid penalty charges.
- Deposit will be refunded when vehicle is returned undamaged.
- In the event of an accident during your hire, should the bike become unusable or unrepairable within your hire period, we offer no full or partial refunds on rentals paid nor a replacement bike.
- In the event of an accident or rider error, for example wrong fuel, loss of keys etc, you will be covered with breakdown assistance, however you will be responsible and charged accordingly for repairs, loss, damage, relay, recovery and or repatriation.
- All hirers must be between 21 -75 years of age, although there are some vehicles that require a minimum.
- There are restrictions imposed by our insurers, which mean that we are unfortunately unable to hire to persons in certain occupational areas. These include professional entertainers, professional sports persons, publicans, nightclub owners and owners of gaming establishments, food delivery services, bookmakers, turf accounts gambling industry including amusement arcade, fruit machine, casino, or club employees, pro sports persons, pro models, publicans or persons working in the licensed trade, street or market traders, scrap metal merchants and dealers, diplomatic personal, students under 25.
- It is expressly forbidden to use any of our vehicles for competition, rally, trial, track day, motorcross, enduro events, performance test, race of trial of speed whether between motor vehicles or otherwise.
- Before any vehicles are released the hirer must provide his/her full driving licence, two proof of address e.g. utility bills (no older than 3months) or bank statement (no older than 1 month) to prove your address.
- Foreign nationals will be required to also provide passport and proof of where they are staying in the UK.
- All driving offences must be declared to us prior to hire and must be acceptable to our insurers. Failure to advise us in advance may result in the refusal of hire and loss of rental charge.
- Whilst we are able to hire to customers with some endorsements on their licence, there are certain endorsements which for insurance reasons restrict our ability to supply a vehicle. A hirer can hold up to 6 penalty points on their licence for speeding and we can also accommodate some road traffic offences. We cannot supply to anyone with a DR, LC, CD, BA, UT, or DD code on their licence within the last 5 years. If you have a CD code or any other offence code you are unsure about, please contact us for clarification.
- EU travel is available on request (additional charges apply).
- All speeding tickets, parking fines, congestion charges, toll charges and any other chargeable offence are the responsibility of the hirer.ALL PENALTY CHARGES THAT ARE DEALT WITH BY OUR COMPANY WILL INCUR AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE OF £20.00 + VAT PER ITEM.
- Hirers need to be aware that they are responsible for any damage, excess tyre wear, tyre damage and punctures. They are also responsible for replacing all fuel used.
- Hirers are responsible for an excess mileage charge, after mileage allowance, as stated on hire agreement.
- People hiring must not have had more than one “own fault” accident within the last 3 years
- Please note that any repairs to our vehicles, be it mechanical or bodywork will only be carried out by our authorised repairers.
- People hiring must have held a full cat A motorcycle licence for at least 24 months and have had regular driving experience.
- The management reserves the right to refuse hire for any reason.
Motorcycling is potentially a dangerous pastime! We would like to bring to your attention that customers are covered by full comprehensive insurance road risk only. Highland Motorcycle Hire are not responsible for any accidents, mishaps or personal injuries. Highland Motorcycle Hire do not provide personal accident insurance.
THIS IS AN ABBRIVIATED VERSION OF OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ OUR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS ON THE BACK OF THE HIRE AGREEMENT